Here are some simple tips to help you keep your home clean
- Clean a room starting from the top, such as the top of cabinets and shelves, and work your way to the ground. This allows for any dust and dirt to collect on the floor, which should be cleaned last with a vacuum.
- Make cleaning a regular habit. Doing a little bit of daily maintenance will reduce the need for tougher cleaning.
- Control clutter – keeping the clutter to a minimum makes cleaning easier.
- Make sure you wash your hands with hot, soapy water after going to the toilet, taking the rubbish out or handling raw meat.
- Consider cleaning things that lots of people touch – such as taps, handles and switches.
- You can keep the remote control dirt-free by cleaning it with soap and a slightly damp cloth, or use a disposable wipe. Be careful not to get water near electronics!
- Keep your telephone clean and free from germs by cleaning with soap and a slightly damp cloth, or a disposable wipe.
- Wash your bed linen on a regular basis. If someone in the household is ill, segregate that laundry and consider washing your linens at a higher temperature (60°)