Posted by Charlotte Salter, on October 4, 2022.
Autumn is the perfect time to clear the clutter and deep clean your home
We’ve all heard of spring cleaning, but autumn cleaning can be just as important – if not more so. As the weather turns colder and we spend more time indoors, now is the time for a deep clean. Here are some tips to help get your home clean and cosy.
- Pack away your summer clothes – making sure they are clean and dry first – to make space for your autumn wardrobe.
- As coughs and colds can be spread at this time of year, think about targeted hygiene in your home – clean frequently touched points such as door handles, light switches and taps.
- If you’ve had the windows open a lot in summer, check if the windows and sills need wiping down to clear away any summer dust and debris.
- Halloween is approaching, but you may not want cobwebs to be a feature in your home! Clear away the cobwebs and dust surfaces. Working from the top of a room down is a good way to keep dust and dirt under control.
- After dusting the high areas and surfaces, give the room a thorough vacuum. Now is also a good time to move furniture if you can, to vacuum under beds and sofas for a deep clean.
Once you’ve done your autumn cleaning you’ll be ready to enjoy some cosy time at home.
Explore more Cleansmart cleaning tips: