Kitchen cleaning tips
Here are some simple tips to help you keep your kitchen clean
- Wash your hands before and after handling food to avoid cross-contamination.
- Make sure chopping boards and food preparation surfaces are hygienically clean before use and clean them immediately afterwards. Use a product that kills germs and rinse thoroughly under the tap.
- Clean and dry your dish cloth or sponge regularly between uses. Soak in bleach overnight or put them through the dishwasher, or use a specialist dishwashing liquid.
- Clean your fridge on a weekly basis and remember to store cooked foods in containers away from raw foods.
- Leave the washing machine dispenser drawer open to dry when not in use.
- If you don’t have pets or young children that might crawl inside, leave the machine door open to dry too.
- Regularly clean the rubber seal around the washing machine, dishwasher and fridge doors to prevent any build up of black mildew.
- Remove clean damp laundry from the washing machine as soon as possible so that it doesn’t crease and to prevent the potential for unpleasant smells from developing.
- To keep your washing machine clean, run a high temperature wash (without adding clothes) using a scoop of bleach-containing laundry powder or a laundry tablet to keep the machine hygienically clean.